Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena at Night of Champions was always the plan. As for who is going to win the match, it's looking like there may be a big swerve planned. No word on if that means Lesnar will lose the title, but at the very least it doesn't look like he'll be beat clean if he's beat at all.
- Not sure if this was accomplished but it appears as though the idea for the Bray Wyatt-Chris Jericho match at SummerSlam was to lay it out completely to build up the former. As for what's next, they're expected to have a major stipulation match at Night of Champions and that will be Jericho's last match with the company on this latest run.
- It looks like Sheamus vs. Cesaro is the direction with a U.S. title match also planned for Night of Champions. In addition, AJ vs. Paige is expected for the show.
- Bully Ray is still in negotiations with TNA and despite his saying goodbye to most of the roster, he could very well end up back with the company. Although his contract is up before Bound for Glory, there are reportedly plans in place to make sure he's there to be inducted into the TNA Hall of Fame.
- It's been said that Monday Night War will debut on the WWE Network following this coming Friday night's episode of SmackDown.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.