Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Word is going around that Bully Ray held a meeting behind-the-scenes at TNA and told a lot of people that his contract is expiring and he doesn't believe he'll be back. So, basically, he said goodbye. This would be a truly bizarre twist considering how heavily he's been featured on TNA programming, but his contract was apparently one of the biggest still on the books.
- Batista is expected to make his return to WWE "shortly", as in don't be surprised if he shows up on tonight's episode of Monday Night Raw. Or maybe next week but definitely before Night of Champions.
- Sting is said to have met with Vince McMahon and many others with WWE and they were ironing out a talent contract for Sting to come in and wrestle. There are details remaining but it no longer appears as though the two sides are "close" but the deal is done and it just needs to be officially announced.
- There was some word that there was a backstage segment planned for SummerSlam last night featuring Mark Henry and Big Show that would establish them as the next contenders to the tag team title. No word on why it wasn't shown, but time constraints would make sense.
- There was apparently a video of Rey Mysterio played at the end of the AAA Triplemania show last night saying he would be coming once he figured out his contract situation with WWE.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.