WWE SummerSlam is all set to pop off tonight (Sun., Aug. 17, 2014) from the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California at 7:30 p.m. ET, live on the WWE Network. You may also be able to watch this on pay-per-view (PPV) if your cable provider is carrying the event.
CagesideSeats.com will provide LIVE blow-by-blow, match-by-match coverage of SummerSlam below, beginning with the first match of the evening and right on through to the main event.
Kick your off your shoes, relax, and enjoy all the action with your favorite pro wrestling website. And remember to keep refreshing! (REMINDER: NO GIFs or pics in this thread. Offenders will be banned.)
WWE SUMMERSLAM QUICK RESULTS
Brock Lesnar def John Cena
Stephanie McMahon def Brie Bella
Roman Reigns def Randy Orton
Seth Rollins def Dean Ambrose
Paige def AJ Lee
Rusev def Jack Swagger
Bray Wyatt def Chris Jericho
Dolph Ziggler def The Miz
Rob Van Dam def Cesaro
WWE SUMMERSLAM LIVE BLOG & MATCH COVERAGE
BaconStrips here (yes, you all read that right). Grab a beverage and get ready to enjoy the insanity...
Preshow: Cesaro vs Rob Van Dam
- We start with some chain-wrestling during which Cesaro gets the advantage of RVD. However, RVD regains the advantage after whipping Cesaro to the corner and hitting a monkey flip.
- After using a hurricurrana to toss Cesaro outside, RVD jumps out of the ring and hits the Rolling Thunder on the outside.
- Once they get back into the ring, Cesaro uses a capture tilt-a-whirl backbreaker to get a two-count as we head to commercial.
- We come back to Cesaro controlling RVD in a chinlock. However, RVD escapes this and regains control. This leads to RVD getting a two-count off of a split-legged moonsault.
- After RVD hits a moonsault on Cesaro, who was standing outside, RVD rolls Cesaro back in the ring and attempts to go for the Five Star Frog Splash. Before he can fly, Cesaro hit RVD with an uppercut and attempted to superplex him from the top-rope only to be pushed off by RVD. This sequence repeats three times before Cesaro is pushed off again.
- RVD goes for the Five-Star but eats a huge uppercut from Cesaro that only earns him a two-count.
- Cesaro goes for the Neutralizer, but is then flipped over RVD's back. However, he lands on his feet and hits Cesaro with a big boot.
- As Cesaro holds RVD's foot, RVD hits him with one of his foot-based counters and puts him on the ground. RVD then hits the Five-Star Frog Splash for the win
Result: Rob Van Dam defeats Cesaro by pinfall
Hulk Hogan comes out before the opening pyro to pump up the crowd for SummerSlam and sell the WWE Network.
The Miz vs Dolph Ziggler (WWE Intercontinental Championship match)
- The Miz cuts a pre-match promo about him being a "non-CGI movie star" and intending to make Ziggler become an "unrecognizable failure...just like the Los Angeles Lakers"
- After a slight Network hiccup, the match starts with some grappling. Ziggler attempts to pin Miz a few times, but is unsuccessful. Miz bails after Ziggler tries to hit MIz's "moneymaker." However, Ziggler follows him outside and nails Miz with a clothesline.
- After the two men reenter the ring, Miz whips Ziggler HARD into the corner, causing him to fall. Miz takes control with some stomps and a boot to Ziggler's face.
- As Miz holds Ziggler in a reverse chinlock, the crowd starts to chant "You Can't Wrestle" to Miz.
- As Miz tries to hit a top-rope move on Ziggler, Ziggler hit Miz as he was coming down, causing both of them to lay on the mat for a few seconds.
- After he gets up, Ziggler takes control of the match and hits his usual comeback moves, including a neckbreaker that gets a two-count.
- After a failed attempt, Ziggler nails Miz with a superkick for a two-count. After this, Miz tries to leave the match, but Ziggler doesn't let him.
- After Miz reenters the ring, he takes control of Ziggler and puts him into the Figure Four for a good while.
- After Ziggler reached the ropes and got up, he tried to hit Miz with the Famouser, but Miz countered with the Skull Crushing Finale for a two count.
- Ziggler recovers and nails Miz with the Zig Zag for the win!
Result: Dolph Ziggler defeats The Miz by pinfall to gain the WWE Intercontinental Championship
We get a video package recapping the Meghan Miller angle. Brie Bella is then interviewed backstage. She recounts her prison experience and vows revenge on Stephanie McMahon
AJ Lee vs Paige (WWE Divas Championship)
- Paige tries to shake AJ's hand before they start grappling, but AJ bites Paige's hand.
- We get some hair pulling, resulting in AJ pulling out one of Paige's extensions, causing Paige to yell "OWWWW!!!"
- After they go outside, Paige piggybacks AJ and then drops her onto the barricade.
- After they go back inside, Paige starts headbutting AJ and then pulls out some of AJ's hair for revenge.
- After hitting her trademark knees to the face, Paige climbs the turnbuckle. However, AJ climbs up and pushes Paige to the floor. AJ then delivers a great flying clothesline to Paige, who was on outside the ring.
- After the get back inside, AJ hits Paige with the Shining Wizard, but only gets a two count.
- Paige attempts to hit AJ with the Paige Turner, but AJ reverses it into the Black Widow. However, Paige reverses that and hits the Crade DDT (Ram-Paige) for the victory.
- After the match, Paige celebrates by hugging AJ, who is lying dead in the ring.
Result: Paige defeats AJ Lee by pinfall to gain the WWE Divas Championship
Rusev vs Jack Swagger (Flag match)
- Before the match, Lana cuts a promo dissing Hollywood and America. The usual stuff.
- Five US servicemen come out and present the United States colors. Jack Swagger then enters with Zeb Coulter.
- Before the match, Rusev attacks Swagger from behind. However, Swagger takes control with a boot and places Rusev in the Patriot Lock.
- Once the match starts, Swagger takes control and works on Rusev's ankle. As Rusev tried to get a break on the outside, Swagger followed and nailed Rusev with a clothesline.
- After Swagger gets more offense on Rusev, he goes for the Swagger Bomb. However, Rusev gets the knees up to injure Swagger's ribs.
- After the knees, Rusev takes control and works on Swagger's ribs. Swagger tries to regain control with a belly-to-belly, but can't lift Rusev due to the ribs.
- After more strikes to the ribs, Swagger hits the belly-to-belly and regains control. He hits Rusev with a boot to the face and then a successful Swagger Bomb for a two count.
- Although Rusev tries to take control with DAT KICK, Swagger grabs it and tries to lock in the Patriot Lock. Rusev reverses it and tries to get a move in, but Swagger hits Rusev with his powerslam for a two count.
- Rusev takes control again after kicking Swagger in the ribs. After DAT KICK, Rusev locks in a half-Accolade due to the bad ankle. After Swagger breaks it, he locks in the Patriot Lock for a good while, but Rusev breaks it.
- Rusev "hits" a flying heel kick and then locks in a full Accolade to Swagger, who passes out. The ref is forced to stop the fight.
- After the bell, Rusev kicks Coulter and then the Russian national anthem plays.
Result: Rusev defeats Jack Swagger after Swagger passes out.
Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins (Lumberjack match)
- All of the lumberjacks were old victims of The Shield. Keep that in mind.
- The match starts with Ambrose and Rollins brawling. Ambrose takes control and stomps a mudhole in Rollins, who was in a corner. As Rollins throws Ambrose to the lumberjacks, Ambrose starts to punch everybody in his way.
- A little after Ambrose reenters, Rollins hits the STO in the corner, giving him control. Ambrose is then sent to the lumberjacks, who beat on him a bit.
- Rollins controls Ambrose for a while until Ambrose regains control. This culminated in Ambrose suplexing Rollins into the lumberjacks, starting a brawl. As the brawl occurs, Rollins is sent over the barricade by Ambrose. Ambrose then runs across the announce tables and nails Rollins.
- Ambrose and Rollins fight through the crowd for a while until Kane comes out and tries to restore order. The lumberjacks are sent to catch up to Ambrose and Rollins. The lumberjacks get to the two before Rollins powerbombs Ambrose all the way to hell.
- As the lumberjacks work on Ambrose, Rollins tries to escape, but is met by Stardust and The Usos. A pack of lumberjacks carry Rollins to the ring.
- DEAN AMBROSE JUMPS ON THE PACK, KNOCKING EVERYONE DOWN!
- After getting back into the ring, Rollins hits Ambrose with a kick, sending Ambrose into the ropes. Ambrose rebounds and hits Rollins with a clothesline that sends Rollins into a backflip.
- AMBROSE HIT ROLLINS WITH THE CURB STOMP! However, during the pin, Kane comes in to break the count. Goldust confronts Kane, leading to Goldust getting hit. This starts a massive brawl in the ring.
- After the brawl, Rollins hits Ambrose with the Money in the Bank briefcase, leading to the pin.
- That was awesome!
Result: Seth Rollins defeats Dean Ambrose by pinfall
Chris Jericho vs Bray Wyatt
- At the start, Jericho took control of Wyatt, eventually sending him to the apron, where Jericho delivered a springboard shoulder tackle that sent both men to the floor.
- After more Jericho control, Wyatt shoved Jericho off of the turnbuckle to the ground, giving him control.
- Wyatt beats Jericho up around ringside, including a spot where Wyatt delivered a knee to Jericho's head, which was right against the steel steps. The action goes back in the ring, where Wyatt keeps control for a while.
- Jericho eventually breaks a headlock, giving him temporary control. After some Jericho offense, Wyatt hits the big uranage on Jericho for a two count.
- Wyatt tries for Sister Abigail, but Jericho counters it into a pin, which is then turned into a Walls of Jericho.
- After Wyatt breaks the Walls, both him and Jericho end up on the ring apron, where Wyatt delivers a huge DDT to Jericho for a two count.
- As Wyatt tries a top-rope maneuver, Jericho counters into a top-rope frankensteiner for a two count.
- Before Jericho hits the Lionsault, Wyatt does his awesome bridge thing. He then tells Jericho that "...I AM ALREADY DEAD!" Jericho then hits him with a Codebreaker for a two count.
- Wyatt rolls to the outside and Jericho follows, but Wyatt hits Jericho in the throat. Wyatt then delivers Sister Abigail into the barricade.
- Wyatt rolls Jericho into the ring, hits another Sister Abigail, and pins Jericho.
- Wyatt cuts a brief promo afterward about Jericho not following the buzzards.
Result: Bray Wyatt defeats Chris Jericho by pinfall
Brie Bella vs Stephanie McMahon
- Steph starts out the match by getting the upper hand over Brie in the grappling department. Steph took control for a good portion of the beginning.
- Brie attempts to lock in the Yes Lock, but Steph bolts to the outside. Brie attempts the suicide dive, but Steph hurls Brie's head into the ring apron.
- Steph rolled Brie back into the ring and hit a textbook DDT on Brie for a two count. Steph then maintained control, asking Brie, "Who's my bitch?"
- Steph uses a front-flip neck-snap move on Brie that looked like one that Mr. Perfect used. This led to a "You've still got it" chant toward Steph.
- As Steph taunts Brie, Brie kicks Steph and regains control with a Lou Thesz press. She then hit Steph with a flying dropkick for a two count.
- At this point, Triple H came out, then Nikki Bella followed him out. As Brie put Steph in the Yes Lock, Triple H pulled the referee out. Brie responded by hitting a dropkick to Triple H, who sold it like a champ
- Both Bellas entered the ring and stood on both sides of Steph. Suddenly, Nikki pulled Steph out of the way and nailed Brie with a punch, turning heel.
- Steph hit Brie with a Pedigree for the pinfall.
Result: Stephanie McMahon defeats Brie Bella by pinfall
Video for the Totinos Bold Contest thing featuring the New Age Outlaws.
Randy Orton vs Roman Reigns
- At the start, Roman and Randy traded words, and then they started trading punches. Roman got the upper hand early until Randy sent him into the steel ring steps.
- Randy took control for a while after this. He hit the Garvin stomp (to which Roman yelled "Goddammit!" Randy also hit a huge superplex on Roman for a two count.
- At this point, Roman and Randy traded holds until Roman hit a Samoan drop to shift the momentum. He then hit his usual spots (corner clothesline, punch, apron dropkick). However, Randy regained control and later suplexed Roman onto the announce table.
- Momentum kept shifting until Roman hit a Samoan drop from the top turnbuckle. Roman then hit the Superman punch and went for the spear. However, Randy countered the spear into an awesome powerslam for a two count.
- As Roman was rebounding off the rope, he went for a clothesline. However, Randy turned this into a RKO for a two count.
- As Randy went for the punt, Roman swept Randy's feet out from under him. He then his a massive spear for the pin.
Result: Roman Reigns defeats Randy Orton by pinfall
John Cena vs Brock Lesnar (WWE World Heavyweight Championship)
- From the start of this match, it was all Lesnar. He hit Cena with the F5 one minute in for a two count.
- Lesnar took complete control with a crazy number of German suplexes.
- Cena hit an Attitude Adjustment and STF, but he just couldn't stop Lesnar.
- Lesnar hit a second F5 for the pin.
Result: Brock Lesnar defeats John Cena by pinfall to gain the WWE World Heavyweight Championship