What you loved:
- Pretty Visual - Yeah, wrestling moves are supposed to be all tough and rugged, but this one has such grace when done right.
- Big Guys - This move takes on more of a "did he really just do that?" feel when a guy like Bam Bam Bigelow or Vader pull it off.
- Any Size - The Moonsault is one of those moves where anyone can pull it off, and make it look awesome.
- Variations - It can be done nearly anywhere in a wrestling match.
- The Best - Some of the finest Moonsaulters; Great Muta, Christopher Daniels, Kurt Angle, Lita, and Cody Rhodes.
Best comment comes via The Unmasked Superstar:
"No matter how many times I’ve seen it done, the minute a wrestler makes that initial leap and curves into the air, I always feel that little jolt of unbridled excitement. It’s the same kind of instinctive thrill that comes when I hear the home run generating crack of a bat or see a quarterback heave a 60 yard bomb toward a wide-open receiver. It’s one of those little moments of awesomeness that pulls the spectator right into the triumph of the moment even though he or she is not physically involved."
What you loathed:
- Risky - If done wrong by the seller or aggressor, you're going to have a bad time.
- Botch - If done wrong, you're going to look like an idiot. Here's another example by Tyson Kidd.
- Overused - I think they teach this move to pretty much everyone now. This ruins it's value and forces people to do it off higher (and more dangerous) places to bring back the "wow" effect.
- Cage Jump - Case in point, guys doing it off the cage is so dangerous. Kurt Angle lands this perfectly, and it still looks incredibly painful.
- Damage - It doesn't look to cause much damage to the opponent, seems like the risk is not worth the reward.
Best comment comes via Sandow's Superior:
"False advertising. No one uses the moon."
On to the poll! With 159 votes, The Moonsault's average score is 4.2.
Thanks, Cagesiders! Tomorrow's pick should be explosive.