Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Here's your weekly Sting update: He's still in talks with WWE and both sides still want to put a deal together, it just hasn't happened yet. They also still haven't figured out what role he will fill, be that one on television or otherwise. There's been some talk of trying to do the novelty match with Undertaker at WrestleMania 31 with the idea that it will be one of the few matches Undertaker could do that would draw significant interest now that the streak is over. At last check, however, Undertaker isn't doing well and may be calling it a career soon.
- According to the Observer, WWE is now telling talent to work a more aggressive style. So because everyone is working stiff, it's leading to more injuries (Cena, Dallas, Cesaro, Bryan).
- Ric Flair is still scheduled back soon, possibly at Monday Night Raw next week. He's been advertised to return as a babyface when WWE runs Madison Square Garden on July 12.
- When the Monday Night War show finally does hit the WWE Network, it could do so as a lead-in to NXT on Thursday nights.
- After we posted the rumors yesterday that it appears Dixie Carter is legitimately hurt, we heard from an industry source that she is not, in fact, injured but instead selling the powerbomb from Bully Ray. Again, it was a character write off, so it makes sense that rumors of her being legitimately injured would circulate.
- At last word, it appears as though TNA will not be holding a Bound for Glory Series this year. That's probably a good thing considering the fact they never could get it right despite all its obvious potential.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.