29 years ago today, Miss Elizabeth makes her WWF debut during a TV taping in Pougkeepsie, New York. Elizabeth was an announcer for International Championship Wrestling, a promotion founded by Macho Man Randy Savage's father Angelo Poffo, and at the time of her debut, was already married to Savage. Elizabeth was not mentioned by name at the time of her debut, but would be identified later.
14 years ago today, i-Generation Superstars of Wrestling taped its only PPV event, Rodman Down Under. About 10,000 were in attendance at the Superdome in Sydney, Australia. They were "treated" to one of the worst wrestling shows ever. It's probably just a step above Heroes of Wrestling. The show would not air in the States until December, by which point, the promotion disbanded.
- The Road Warriors (Animal and Hawk) defeated Public Enemy (Rocco Rock and Johnny Grunge) in an elimination tables match to win the i-Generation Tag Team Championship. For the second time. The belt had changed hands between the teams twice in two days before this show. Public Enemy would win the belts back four days later, but the Road Warriors would win them one more time in December.
- The Barbarian defeated Brute Force (Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake) in a hardcore match.
- Sweet Destiny defeated Brandi Wine.
- One Man Gang defeated Tatanka to win the i-Generation Australiasian Championship. Tatanka won the title two days earlier, and would win it again four days later. One Man Gang would win the belt back in December.
- Curt Hennig defeated Dennis Rodman by disqualification in an Australian Outback match to retain the i-Generation World Heavyweight Championship. Hennig would lose the title to the Barbarian three days later, but would hold the title for just one day before Hennig won it back.
13 years ago today on an episode of RAW from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, X-Pac defeated Billy Kidman to unify the WWF Light Heavyweight and WCW Cruiserweight Championships. The WWE would use the Cruiserweight Championship going forward until the title's deactivation in 2007. In the show's main event, Booker T defeated Kurt Angle in a no-disqualification match to regain the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. Angle had won the title less than a week earlier from Booker T.
2 years ago today, the 1001st episode of Monday Night RAW began with a major hitch as part of the RAW set catches fire just as fans were filing into the US Bank Arena in Cincinnati, Ohio. No injuries were reported and the damage appeared to be minor, but fans were still filing into the arena as the show began. The show featured the return of Randy Orton following his 60-day suspension of his second violation of the Wellness Policy and, to date, Tyson Kidd's last singles win on RAW (a victory over Tensai).