Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- There were a lot of rumors going around about Spike TV not renewing its television deal with TNA. Then, TMZ reported it was done and Dixie Carter held a meeting with top executives to let them know the situation. The company will be shopping for a new TV deal but the chances of them finding a favorable one are slim and this could very well mean the company is going under.
- Vince Russo is, of course, taking a lot of blame for this considering the recent situation where he outed himself as working as a consultant in the most bizarre manner possible.
- Because Hulk Hogan was once again answering questions about who he would like his last match to be with recently, it's led to talk of his actually having another match. Well, as far as WWE is concerned Hogan already had his last match.
- It was announced at San Diego Comic Con that Guardians of the Galaxy will have a sequel set for release in 2017 and Batista is expected to reprise his role as Drax the Destroyer. He's been receiving high praise from those who have watched the film.
- The morale among employees working on the WWE Network is apparently low because no one is quite sure what's going on and there's a fear cuts may be coming soon shortly after the announcement of subscriber numbers this coming Thursday.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.