Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Brock Lesnar is currently only advertised for the Aug. 11 episode of Monday Night Raw, which would be the go home show to SummerSlam. It's possible he's kept off the show next week so John Cena can take center stage to respond to the making of the match between the two. Brock is likely to be added to the Aug. 4 show.
- WWE posted the following tweet yesterday, and the word is it's likely a tease for the upcoming logo changeover that will be happening around SummerSlam:
- The reason Sheamus missed Raw, Main Event, and SmackDown this week is because he's dealing with a case of the flu.
- For those who thought it was odd that Chris Jericho defeated Bray Wyatt at the Battleground event this past weekend, it appears as though it was a last minute change. Wyatt was scheduled to win all the way up until the day of the event by plans were changed.
- Prince Devitt has signed his contract with WWE there just hasn't been an official announcement yet. For now, Kenta is getting all the promotion but Devitt will be revealed as the next big signing soon enough.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.