What you loved:
- Athletic - At 6'4"/390 lbs, he moved like a cruiser-weight, cartwheels and all.
- Saved Kids - Bam Bam is a true hero, he received second degree burns on 40% of his body after saving three kids from a burning house.
- Underrated - Forget just big men, he's one of the most underrated wrestlers, period.
- Moonsault - Amazing he could even come close to doing this move.
- Gimmick - Perfect look with the tattooed head and flames. Always had that legit bad-ass aura.
Best comments come via Hollywood J Blaq:
"FACT: Bam Bam Bigelow was one of the best out of shape big men to ever step in the ring
FACT: Bam Bam Bigelow had one of the best moonsaults and diving headbutts of all time.
FACT: Bam Bam Bigelow was severely underrated.
FACT: The Jersey Triad was one of the best things in WCW.
FACT: He saved kids out of a FRICKING BURNING BUILDING!
FACT: He had the best tattoo ever!"
What you loathed:
- R.I.P. - Passed at only 45, a mix of drugs and heart problems led to his passing.
- LT Match - His match with Lawrence Taylor gave his a lot of exposure, but was not a great match nor main-event.
- WWE Run - He never received a major title during his run, nor the proper push he deserved.
- Under-appreciated - Aside from ECW, he was never properly utilized as a legit main-event wrestler.
Best comment comes via BrassCitySaint:
"Misused in the mainstream. Bam Bam could’ve been a mega heel in the late 80’s. At a time when Andre the Giant was in pain on a daily basis, Vince could’ve plugged Bam Bam in as the next foil for Hulk Hogan, but nothing ever came to fruition. His original WWF run was memorably unmemorable, his second WWF run was highlighted by a match against Lawrence Taylor, and unfortunately he reached WCW as that empire was crumbling. People who have never seen the original ECW or his work in Japan will be able to truly appreciate just what a specimen Bigelow was in the ring. What Vader was to WCW, Bam Bam could have easily been to WWF. It’s a shame they just couldn’t figure it out."
On to the poll! With 176 votes, Bam Bam's average score is 4.
Thanks, Cagesiders! Tomorrow's pick came to the WWE and bombed.