Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- All the finishes you saw last night were what they were always going with. Apparently, they have SummerSlam almost completely booked and they worked backwards to Battleground to get to what they want to do next month.
- By now you undoubtedly know that "Plan C" is Brock Lesnar. Paul Heyman tweeted that he was on his way to get him "just in case". Well, with John Cena not scheduled for Raw tonight in Miami, WWE is planning a major angle to kick off the show that will lead into the revelation that Lesnar is "Plan C" by the main event. You know, pending rewrites.
- Summer Rae and Layla teaming together was inspired by The Beautiful People reuniting in TNA. This seems like the silliest thing, so it just might actually be true.
- Remember those cost cutting measures that extended to taking away the production crew's transportation? Apparently it could be so bad that people will be quitting because the pay isn't good enough to justify having to cover their own travel expenses and lose out on all the sleep they'll lose out on driving themselves to and from shows.
- In more cost cutting, Ricky Steamboat has apparently been released by WWE.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.