What you loved:
- Heel Move - If there was a Mount Rushmore for heel moves, this would be one of them.
- Old Days - When the ref would get distracted and a heel would use this move. Great way to get the crowd going.
- Heat - A crowd could be dead asleep but when the low blow hits it wakes them right up.
- Ric Flair - He was just so damn good at it. Check this out, the ref had no idea.
- Escape - Wanna get away? It's the fastest surefire way to drop your opponent.
Best comment comes via Venoid:
"It’s the signature strike of a dastardly heel – see Ric Flair."
What you loathed:
- Selling - Guys tend to under-sell this move. In reality, they would be down for the count.
- Ends Matches - Today's usage of the move is usually to get a DQ finish by a heel, which is usually unsatisfying.
- Face Low Blow - A face should never, ever use this move.
- Rarely Used - In the Attitude Era it was way overused. Today, not so much, which in turn makes more of an impact when someone does it in a match.
Best comment comes via Praise Cthulhu:
"When used the wrong way, it should be used to take advantage of a shitty ref but instead it has lead to the worst thing in wrestling in the past few years, the non finish. The DQ. The no result. The thing that pretty much says 'welp this was a waste of time.'"
On to the poll! With 139 votes, The Low Blow's average score is 3.4.
Thanks, Cagesiders! Tomorrow's pick is grand.