Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- For what it's worth, the Wrestling Observer is still reporting that Sting hasn't officially signed a contract with WWE just yet. Considering everything WWE has been doing over the past couple days, if it hasn't it's just a formality at this point.
- Another reason Cesaro may be moving away from Paul Heyman is because there is a plan for a big babyface push at some point soon. This would have already happened had it not been for Daniel Bryan's injury, which forced the big Roman Reigns push to come sooner than expected. They don't want to push both guys too hard at the same time. That actually makes sense.
- Budget cuts are apparently bad enough that the crew who build and take down the sets have been effected and it's bad enough that a high turnover rate is expected if conditions aren't improved upon quickly.
- The Miz vs. Sheamus program might turn into a full blown feud, which means it's a long-term thing. Joy.
- It looks like Matt Hardy is finished working with Ring of Honor, at least for the time being. His last date was July 12 and he won't be brought back in while he's doing work with TNA. It's unclear if he'll be doing anything with TNA long term, however, as initial indications were that he would only be around short term. We'll see.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.