What you loved:
- Valet - A Hall of Famer, one of the best valets ever in the business. You preferred her as a heel, especially went she jumped from team to team based on who had the tag belts.
- Looks - One of the first "Divas" WWE capitalized on her looks, making her a highly downloaded individual in the 90's.
- Mic Skills - She was able to get her guys over fairly easily, and was quite good on commentary.
- Charisma - She had it and, again, WWE really pushed the sex appeal.
- Sunny/Candido - Even with a terrible gimmick, they were a fantastic on-screen duo.
Best comment comes via Dr. Handsome, D.D.S.:
LoatheLove: Sunny Loathe LoatheLove: Sunny
Dammit! I’ll try again…
Loathe… Loathe.. Love: Sunny
Bugger. I know she’s done some bad, bad, bad stuff, but I just can’t help myself."
What you loathed:
- Personal Demons - It's no secret that she's had some really bad personal problems over the last...10...15 years or so. As always, we hope she can get a hold of them and stay clean.
- Diva Era - We can't solely blame Sunny for the shift in how women were portrayed in WWE, but she was a catalyst for sure. Before her, women were usually tough wrestlers or subdued valets, rarely their looks the primary focus.
- LOD 2000 - A bad idea all around.
- Bed Photos - Random guys could pay to get pictures with her in bed. That says it all.
Best comment comes via SJM1912:
"She had a domino effect on Vince once Sunny appeared all female performers had to have model looks, before Sunny (Medusa is the exception) I would say female performers had a certain look after Sunny well a lot of women got jobs regardless of talent and unfortunately Sunny was the catalyst."
On to the poll! With 233 votes, Sunny's average score is 3.8.
Thanks, Cagesiders! Tomorrow's pick makes me want to dance.