For many fans, reading about rumors -- and trawling the sites that traffic in them -- has become as popular as watching the matches themselves. In this daily column, we take a look at the biggest rumors and weirdest stories being churned out by those pro wrestling "news" sites.
Important reminders: Rumors are "rumors" and not "news" for a reason, folks. That which has not been confirmed as legitimate news or fact will be made clear.
Rumors of the Day:
- Like all things WWE, the decisions regarding Daniel Bryan's status as champion are being made exclusively by Vince McMahon. Considering that he's keeping the title on Bryan for now, it seems as though Vince is in his corner. But with his recovery looking to be longer than was expected, it's unclear how much longer he'll hold onto the title without being able to defend it.
- Although the script is not finished yet, it looks like Raw may possibly feature two Money in the Bank qualifying matches. At this point, it's still not known if the titular match will be for the Money in the Bank contract for the WWE world heavyweight championship, or the title itself.
- Despite claiming he was retiring several months ago, Low-Ki is still being advertised for shows with TNA and AAA in Mexico.
- Along with John Cena suffering an eye injury during his house show match with Bray Wyatt in Madison, Adam Rose was busted open hardway in his match against Heath Slater at the same show.
- Baron Corbin apparently has many people excited backstage in NXT. It looks like he's very close to being called up to appear at NXT tapings.
- Along with the concerns over Daniel Bryan coming back soon enough for Money in the Bank, concerns over his opponent going forward should start to kick in soon. It looks like part of the reason that the match between Kane and Daniel Bryan was changed from a Buried Alive match and a Stretcher match is because a Stretcher match is less final than a Buried Alive match.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.