For many fans, reading about rumors -- and trawling the sites that traffic in them -- has become as popular as watching the matches themselves. In this daily column, we take a look at the biggest rumors and weirdest stories being churned out by those pro wrestling "news" sites.
Important reminders: Rumors are "rumors" and not "news" for a reason, folks. That which has not been confirmed as legitimate news or fact will be made clear.
Rumors of the Day:
- There are currently no plans in place to completely break up The Shield, meaning Dean Ambrose in Roman Reigns will be sticking together for the foreseeable future.
- For that matter, it's looking like Seth Rollins will face both guys at the next two shows with this being Reigns big breakout vehicle (as if that hasn't already happened). Rollins vs. Ambrose will happen at Money in the Bank, with Rollins likely winning, then Rollins vs. Reigns will happen at Battleground, with Reigns winning. From there, Reigns will go to SummerSlam for the long rumored match with Triple H.
- Also apparently scheduled for Money in the Bank is a Rusev vs. Mark Henry match. They have to be doing this on purpose now, right?
- In regards to Daniel Bryan, it is still on the table to do two Money in the Bank ladder matches if he's unable to wrestle Kane in the Stretcher match they announced. The angle with John Cena and Stephanie McMahon was apparently done in case they need a back up plan and, you guessed it, Cena would almost certainly be winning the WWE world heavyweight title.
- Tamina Snuka's knee surgery was done to repair the ACL and meniscus in her left knee. She's looking at being out for a few months at least.
- Despite the fact that TNA's ratings are stagnant at around 1 million viewers each week (the show, speaking for myself, is hot garbage), it's looking more and more likely that the company will re-up with Spike TV and remain in its current timeslot. The idea is to have both TNA and Bellator for its sports package.
- The latest on MVP's knee injury is that it's still touch and go and he may actually have to miss the Slammiversary main event opposite Eric Young. He doesn't want to, though, and if need be they'll book around it with a heavily gimmicked match featuring a lot of interference to protect him.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.