What you loved:
- Evil Clown - Matt Bourne's original version of this character was by far the best. He was just so perfectly evil and creepy without being stupid or too cartoon-ish.
- In-Ring - Again speaking about Bourne, he was solid in the ring.
- Two Doinks - During his fight with Crush at Wrestlemania IX, Doink got a little help from a friend.
- "Nightmare Clown" Theme - Perfectly made for the gimmick.
Best comment comes via 5time5time5time:
"I’m biased because Doink is my Father’s favorite wrestler. When I was younger, my Father loved Doink. So much to the point that his nickname at work became Doink, which he is still called by to this day. I know he wasn’t the best wrestler or even the best gimmick but what his character gave to my relationship with my Father is something that can’t be appreciated enough. It started out as a joke but became so much more. So for that, I have to give Doink a 5."
What you loathed:
- Good Clown - Nope.
- Multiple Doinks - The character has been played by multiple people over the years including Steve Lombardi and Nick Dinsmore. Unfortunately, nobody could do it like the original, and the character just became watered down over the years.
- Dink - Tiny clowns are a big reason why babyface Doink sucked. Then along came Wink and Pink and, well, you get the picture. It was bad.
- Glass Ceiling - Now there's some sad things known to man, but ain't too much sadder than, the tears of a clown, when there's no one around.
Best comment comes via Bad-Horse:
"Loathe: Creepy face Doink"
On to the poll! With 143 votes, Doink's average score is 3.2.
Thanks, Cagesiders! Tomorrow's pick probably hates the barber.