Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Remember all those rumors of Vince McMahon's return being imminent and WWE always planning for it then changing their mind at the last minute? It now appears that the idea has been scrapped for good and while we certainly haven't seen the last of him on television (barring tragedy), the Mr. McMahon character may, in fact, have quietly retired. You know what they say about retirements in pro wrestling, though.
- Internally,WWE wasn't happy with the SummerSlam 2014 poster getting out on Amazon showcasing John Cena and Brock Lesnar. That would, of course, indicate that's the planned direction right now, though things can certainly change at any time.
- When Daniel Bryan does return, it appears as though he'll be finishing up his feud with Kane. It's also possible he gets involved with Kane at Money in the Bank this weekend to help continue their issues and that could be why Kane was added to the WWE title match.
- The reason we haven't seen Bad News Barrett's podium and Fandango's glittery gimmick hanging over the ring is apparently WWE tightening its belt and not spending the extra money on such things.
- When Hulk Hogan was asked about appearing on Legends' House season two recently, he apparently suggested they film it at his restaurant in Tampa, Florida. Negotiating tactic perhaps?
- There are still rumors flying around that talent at TNA is getting increasingly more afraid with each day that goes by without a new TV deal struck with Spike. The company is moving ahead like it will get a deal done, however.
- No surprise here, considering public comments from both AJ Styles and Austin Aries, but most of the roster isn't happy that TNA has gone back to using a six-sided ring.
- Recetly released former WWE announcer Josh Mathews was backstage during the Impact tapings in NYC, though why he was there is anyone's guess. It's unclear if the company will be persuing him.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.