What you loved:
- Spots - Is it a spot-fest? Yep. Do we love it? Yep!
- Showcase Younger Talent - Guys that might not normally get the spotlight can shine in this match.
- Career Maker - Edge, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, etc.
- Concept - A fantastic gimmick that shows the evolution of a ladder match.
- Cash-Ins - Edge's cash-in was one of the best.
Best comment comes via Boxingnut4324:
"(Sing to the tune of Old McDonald)
Old VKM made a match…MONEY IN THE BANK!
With a spot! spot! here
And a spot! spot! there.
Here a spot!
There a spot!
Everywhere a spot! spot!
Old VKM made a match…MONEY IN THE BANK!"
What you loathed:
- Dangerous - Working with ladders always creates sketchy situations.
- Damien Sandow - In terms of booking, he is the worst MITB winner ever.
- Kane - A former briefcase holder.
- Booking - This is more recently, but the winners (aside from the cash-in's) have been booked pretty badly following their briefcase snatching.
- Big Guys - Please, big guys, stay away from this match.
Best comment comes via The Notorious Eddie Mac:
"They can be tough to watch, cause seriously, somebody’s one fall away from a career-ender or life ender. It’s not at Wrestlemania anymore. That grinds my gears. Chris Jericho has never won one, and he invented the damn thing. Shelton Benjamin was in like six or seven of them in a row and never won one. Yet Jack Swagger and Damien Sandow have both won one. Speaking of Sandow, when he lost his MITB cash-in match, it lost its luster with me. Yeah it added unpredictability, but have you seen what losing that match has done to Damien? He’s gone from potential world heavyweight champion to being near the front of the line in the next round of roster cuts. CM Punk won Money in the Bank twice, and it took a pipe bomb promo when he had one foot out the door to become a main event player (though it can be argued that Punk’s heel run following his second cash in was pretty good). The point I’m making is this: Money in the Bank ain’t the star maker it used to be."
On to the poll! With 192 votes, The MITB Match's average score is 4.6.
Thanks, Cagesiders! Tomorrow's pick is a move that looks great no matter who is executing it.