Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Weekend:
- There is a wild rumor going around that has in no way been confirmed, though you know that from all the disclaimers, but apparently AJ Lee may be pregnant and that's why plans haven't been made for her to return to WWE television. She married CM Punk on June 13 and is all moved in with him in Chicago, but now word making the rounds is they are settling down to have a family. If true, she may be gone for good. But, again, even with the disclaimers, we need to make extra clear that this hasn't been confirmed anywhere just yet.
- As of right now it appears the seven participants in the Money in the Bank contract match will be: Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Dolph Ziggler, Bad News Barrett, Rusev, Big E, and Rob Van Dam.
The Rock recently mentioned he wouldn't rule out a return to WWE for one more match but the money and match-up would have to be right. It appears he would come back for a showdown against Brock Lesnar, especially now that Brock has bested the streak, but WWE may not want to go in that direction, though that could change. The idea is either Rock works a match at WrestleMania 31 or he's inducted into the Hall of Fame as the headlining attraction.
- Sting still hasn't signed a deal with WWE, not officially, but at least it's now clear that he will not be returning to TNA nor will he be signing on with GFW. It's still expected he'll make a deal with WWE sooner or later but even if he doesn't, don't expect him to show up anywhere else.
- While TNA extended voting for fans to choose between keeping the four-sided ring or returning to the six-sided ring starting at the NYC tapings, it looks like the six-sided ring will be coming back for good.
- For those who care about such things: Bully Ray is apparently dating Velvet Sky.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.