For many fans, reading about rumors -- and trawling the sites that traffic in them -- has become as popular as watching the matches themselves. In this daily column, we take a look at the biggest rumors and weirdest stories being churned out by those pro wrestling "news" sites.
Important reminders: Rumors are "rumors" and not "news" for a reason, folks. That which has not been confirmed as legitimate news or fact will be made clear.
Rumors of the Day:
- For those wondering where Cesaro will go after narrowly losing to Sheamus during last night's Payback pay-per-view (PPV), it's apparently "straight to the top", with the King of Swing pegged as the front runner to win a Money in the Bank (MITB) contract during the PPV at the end of this month.
- It's also being reported that it will be the only Money in the Bank contract up for grabs at the show, with the consolidation of the WWE world heavyweight championship making the need for two separate contracts obsolete. This also seems to indicate that the dream of a WWE world heavyweight championship and WWE world heavyweight championship MITB contract match happening in the same night is now dead.
- TNA is unhappy about recent reports that they were having serious trouble selling tickets to upcoming tapings in NYC. The company claims they sold around half the tickets for the show and believes the reports they hadn't were spread by former employees of the company trying to hurt them.
- Sting is being advertised for PCW's June 21 show in Oaklawn, IL. It does not appear he'll be wrestling, just signing autographs and taking pictures.
- According to the Observer, KENTA, Prince Devitt, and Kevin Steen will be coming to the Performance Center in August if everything goes according to plan. If you watched the NXT Takeover "Fallout" show, you'll know that's just around the time the next NXT Network Special is planned.
- And a final minor note: for what it's worth, the Payback show was completely locked on Tuesday, which is extremely rare for a PPV and may indicate WWE has a strong idea of the direction it wants to go for at least the next show or two.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.