For many fans, reading about rumors -- and trawling the sites that traffic in them -- has become as popular as watching the matches themselves. In this daily column, we take a look at the biggest rumors and weirdest stories being churned out by those pro wrestling "news" sites.
Important reminders: Rumors are "rumors" and not "news" for a reason, folks. That which has not been confirmed as legitimate news or fact will be made clear.
Rumors of the Day:
- With Daniel Bryan not expected back at this point until after the Battleground pay-per-view (PPV), the entire plan through the fall is up in the air: Cesaro might not be turning face, John Cena might be winning Money in the Bank, and cats and dogs are living together... mass hysteria. The only thing that is seems guaranteed is that Lesnar will be working against someone for the title at SummerSlam.
- The second Money in the Bank ladder match will also be featured on the show, and will likely include Big E, RVD and Bo Dallas, along with Seth Rollins, who has already been announced for the match. Not yet announced but likely a lock, according to Dave Meltzer, is Dean Ambrose.
And for those wondering whether or not the Shield is officially no more, it looks like while Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns will always be besties, they have gone their separate ways. However, it looks like they aren't going to formally break up the team.
- CM Punk appeared on TV this week, as the guest star for Maron, a single-camera sitcom chronicling the life of stand-up comedian and WTF podcast host Marc Maron. Punk appeared on the real WTF podcast in November of last year and appears as himself in the episode, which presumably involves Marc offending someone -- possibly Punk -- by just being himself on the show.
- While the Kevin Steen signing looks to have ended the WWE's ban on "husky" wrestlers, it appears that anyone over 30 need not apply to the company as a performer for the time being.
- Word is that the Rosebuds will now be local indy wrestlers instead of NXT students/performers in a cost-cutting measure for shows that are farther than "driving distance" away from Orlando.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.