For many fans, reading about rumors -- and trawling the sites that traffic in them -- has become as popular as watching the matches themselves. In this daily column, we take a look at the biggest rumors and weirdest stories being churned out by those pro wrestling "news" sites.
Important reminders: Rumors are "rumors" and not "news" for a reason, folks. That which has not been confirmed as legitimate news or fact will be made clear.
Rumors of the Day:
- According to a report from SEScoops, CM Punk and AJ Lee were officially married yesterday. Yes, that would be Friday the 13th. Considering there are no photos and no source other than SEScoops has gone on record with the news, it's worth taking with a grain of salt. For those asking why we didn't post about it here at Cageside, that's why. We're still considering it a rumor, hence its inclusion in this post.
- Bray Wyatt defeated Dean Ambrose to earn his way into the Money in the Bank ladder match for the WWE world heavyweight title at the upcoming pay-per-view (PPV) on June 29, 2014 in Boston. Remember those rumors of a winner already being decided? Apparently Wyatt is the guy.
- The reason Wyatt is apparently the guy is because WWE feels he's credible enough to become champion and is the right guy to lose it to Daniel Bryan once Bryan returns. As of right now, that is still the plan and WWE is moving ahead with the idea that Bryan vs. Brock Lesnar for the WWE title will main event SummerSlam. This way, Wyatt regains credibility after losing in his feud with John Cena and Bryan gets his win back after putting Wyatt over so big at Royal Rumble on his way to his program with Cena heading into WrestleMania. This is subject to change, of course, and it is just a rumor. It's an intriguing one, though.
- As far as WWE releases are concerned, it doesn't appear as though any more are coming, at least not as far as contracted talent who appear on television. Breathe easy, Zack Ryder, it looks like you've made it.
- Currently scheduled for Money in the Bank but not announced yet: Erick Rowan & Luke Harper vs. The Usos and Rusev vs. Big E. There was a rumor that Rusev would work Mark Henry but it looks like they're going through with the Big E rematch.
- When Ric Flair returns, it looks like he'll be working with The Miz again. In fact, it's looking likely the two will return on the very same show and that could be as soon as next Monday night's episode of Raw.
- It looks like the plan was for MVP to win the TNA heavyweight title at Slammiversary, making it that much worse that he was forced out of the event due to a knee injury. There are now no plans to take the title off Eric Young, at least not at the moment.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.