For many fans, reading about rumors -- and trawling the sites that traffic in them -- has become as popular as watching the matches themselves. In this daily column, we take a look at the biggest rumors and weirdest stories being churned out by those pro wrestling "news" sites.
Important reminders: Rumors are "rumors" and not "news" for a reason, folks. That which has not been confirmed as legitimate news or fact will be made clear.
Rumors of the Day:
- According to Dave Meltzer on Observer Radio, the plan is for the belt to be on Bryan for SummerSlam, which seems to imply that whomever wins the WWE world heavyweight championship ladder match at the Money in the Bank PPV will end up losing the belt some time before SummerSlam but after Money in the Bank.
- This is all being done so that Bryan can start a feud with Brock Lesnar at the latter show. HOWEVER, if Bryan is still not cleared by SummerSlam, everything goes out the window.
- There buzz that Ric Flair will be reemerging on next Monday's Raw in Cleveland, Ohio. That's right, oh-me-oh oh-my-oh oh, Cleveland, Ohio: home of Mike "The Miz" Mizanin. So, bring your Haters
- By the looks of WWE 2K15 promo material, the WWE really is planning on pushing Cesaro as hard it's been said they are. He, along with Bray Wyatt, John Cena and Hulk Hogan are apparently the cover athletes, or at least the "stars" of the game.
Look what I found at the @2K booth. @WWECesaro and Bray Wyatt confirmed for #WWE2K15 #E3 pic.twitter.com/MHleCqm4Si— Maximus the Enforcer (@Sillentassasin) June 10, 2014
- Speaking of John Cena, it appears that the cameras were told to stay away from his face during Raw, as his eye was still swollen shut.
- And to no surprise but much chagrin, the 14-time champion also appears to be destined for a Money in the Bank WWE world heavyweight championship ladder match.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.