For many fans, reading about rumors -- and trawling the sites that traffic in them -- has become as popular as watching the matches themselves. In this daily column, we take a look at the biggest rumors and weirdest stories being churned out by those pro wrestling "news" sites.
Important reminders: Rumors are "rumors" and not "news" for a reason, folks. That which has not been confirmed as legitimate news or fact will be made clear.
Rumors of the Day:
- Apparently, the Undertaker is still in pretty bad shape following his match against Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania XXX. However, even with 'Taker clearly not in the physical shape required to continue holding the streak up year after year, there has been no indication that he won't be available for WrestleMania XXXI in some capacity, according to the Wrestling Observer newsletter. It also appears that some "higher ups" in the organization still feel as though ending the streak was a bad idea, and one that was planned long in advance by Vince McMahon before he ever told anyone.
- Batista didn't just have plans to put over Chris Pratt this summer, as it's being reported that he was also looking forward to working with Roman Reigns before he leaves for his press tour. While it doesn't seem like he'll get exactly that chance, this rumor seems to bode well for Reigns' prospects in the upcoming elimination match at Payback.
- There are rumors that the Four Horsewomen -- which includes female MMA stars Ronda Rousey, Shayna Baszler, Marina Shafir and Jessamyn Duke -- may be involved with SummerSlam in some capacity. Just a few months after working out Natalya, and with an obvious history of wrestling fandom, this could be very interesting for what appears to be a division with the Divas.
- His appearance on the NXT Takeover pre-show was a sign of things to come for the former World Heavyweight Champion Christian, with plans to phase him out over the next few months as he transitions into more of a backstage role. Given his string of serious injuries and the rising crop of new talent, WWE is looking to make him a backstage producer and agent when his contract as a performer expires later this year.
- Tyson Kidd also looks like he will be entering the next phase of his career, this time as a masked wrestler. The belief is that the Tyson Kidd brand has been so devalued at this point that they need him to get a fresh start if there is any chance of him ever becoming an attraction like some in WWE think he can be.
- David Otunga's wife, Jennifer Hudson, is reportedly not happy that her husband will be returning to action soon for WWE. This, of course, means that David Otunga is coming back soon and, if the WWE has any brains at all, starring in a new E! reality show with his wife called Trial Separation.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.