What you loved:
- GI Joe - Simply being in this show got him high marks from you guys.
- Gimmick - "Maggots!" He fit the gimmick perfectly; the jaw, mean-mugging, and his voice worked so well as a gruff military man.
- Cobra Clutch - Great name, great move.
- Heel Turn - Mainly for the surprise factor, and that it was a good idea in theory.
- Promos - Great shit talker and could rally the troops with ease.
My favorite comment comes via Plan R:
"Love: Shook a scared red headed kids hand in a grocery store, and made him the happiest kid in town, thanks Sarge!"
What you loathed:
- Heel Turn - Most of you were not fans of it, mainly because it made no sense. Also, he was a transitional champ and was fed to Hogan. Easy #1 choice here.
- In-Ring - Never known to be a great worker, gassed out a lot as well.
- Commish - He looked really weak during this time. Lost his usual camos as well, looked like another of Vince's stooges.
- Main Event Status - He wasn't the complete package necessary for the main-event. Should of had more time as the IC champ, perfect mid-carder.
My favorite comment comes via The ShockMaster:
"Loathe: His heel turn was pretty lousy to me. The timing was bad, and it was too much of a departure from his established character. I can suspend disbelief and get into the idea that the Undertaker is a supernatural entity who can’t feel pain and that Kane is an actual demon, but Sgt. Slaughter betraying the U.S. of A? Come on."
Onto the poll! With 145 votes, Sgt. Slaughter's average score is 3.6
Thanks, Cagesiders! Tomorrow's pick rises from the ashes.