What you loved:
- "It" Factor - Remember yesterday we said Sheamus was missing this?
- Entrance - It was perfect. The long walk with security he didn't need, the fireworks shooting up at him, the breathing smoke, the wild violent twitching. Even if they were piped in later, the Goldberg chants added to it.
- Drawing Power - He was the Stone Cold Steve Austin of WCW in terms of drawing massive crowds.
- Moveset - DAT SPEAR. DAT JACKHAMMER.
- Intensity - All you had to do was look at him.
Best comment comes via Venoid:
"Goldberg is the quintessential product of what good booking can do for a guy. Okay, he did have the look and the strength, but none of the technical skills or psychology whatsoever. He’s one of the few wrestlers who makes you think, "Wow, he is literally annihilating that guy." But that was mostly because his moves were just outright reckless, hence the incident with poor old Bret. However, in saying all that, Goldberg was booked like a freaking beast. The music, the entrance, the win streak… Even in WWE, the kicks and punches through the elimination chamber cells. I doubt anybody here can say they didn’t get a smile and go wide eyed when Goldberg literally punched his way into a cowering HHH’s cell; and this was after he threw Jericho through another."
What you loathed:
- Streak Ending - It had to end sometime but not to Kevin Nash after Scott Hall hit Goldberg with a taser.
- Broken Hart - He kicked Bret Hart so hard in the end it ended "The Hitman's" career.
- In-Ring - Too green.
- Passion - His perceived lack of passion for the industry rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.
- Brock Lesnar Match - What could have been a "Match of the Decade" was ultimately a disaster of epic proportions.
Best comment comes via Vidence:
"The way he lost his streak, and that it wasn’t used to put someone over that it would have helped. The fact that he couldn’t wrestle at all and that his only method of "selling" was to basically just shake it off. That he had absolutely no passion for wrestling. That he ended Bret Hart’s career with that stupid kick."
On to the poll! With 278 votes, Goldberg's average score is 3.8.
Thanks, Cagesiders! Tomorrow's pick is a dangerous one.