Throughout the past couple days, you Cagesiders were asked to go about the arduous task of nominating the greatest promos in all of pro wrestling history. You were also asked to "rec" those nominations based on which you felt should make it into the next Cageside Seats Pro Wrestling Tournament.
Well, now we have our Field of
Why 32 instead of 64, as originally intended? Well, despite all the talk of all the amazing promos throughout the years, the nomination process did not yield nearly as many gems as so many predicted it would. In fact, it felt pointless to waste precious time on match-ups that would yield far too predictable results.
With all that said, here's the Field of 32:
1. Pipe Bomb (CM Punk)
1. 21-1 (Paul Heyman)
1. 1,004 Holds (Chris Jericho)
1. Hard Times (Dusty Rhodes)
2. Steiner Math (Scott Steiner)
2. Austin 3:16 (Stone Cold)
2. Henry Retires (Mark Henry)
2. Grand Standin' and Hot Doggin' (Macho Man)
3. Heyman Shoots on Vince (Paul Heyman)
3. Cane Dewey (Mick Foley)
3. Parody of Wrestling (Daniel Bryan & John Cena)
3. Raw is Jericho (Chris Jericho)
4. Who's Your Daddy, Montreal (Shawn Michaels)
4. Pipe Bomb Shell (AJ Lee)
4. What happened to CM Punk (Paul Heyman)
4. With a Tear in My Eye (Ric Flair)
5. CM Hardy (CM Punk)
5. Cream Rises to the Top (Macho Man)
5. Hogan turns Heel (Hulk Hogan)
5. Box with God (CM Punk)
6. You Are What You Hate (CM Punk)
6. Heyman Shoots in Hammerstein (Paul Heyman)
6. The Era of The Franchise (Shane Douglas)
6. You Suck (Kurt Angle)
7. Wallowing in the Muck of Avarice (Jake Roberts)
7. Ho Kogan (Ultimate Warrior)
7. God, it's Billy (The Rock)
7. Austin Shoots on WCW (Stone Cold)
8. Sports Entertainment (Joey Styles)
8. I Gave You Cactus (Mick Foley)
8. Punk Turns Heel (CM Punk)
8. Rock Concert (The Rock)
Remember, you determined what promos got in and where they are seeded. If you're unhappy you have only yourself to blame, Cagesiders.
Or something like that.
That's the field, Cagesiders. This should be a good one.
Stay tuned tomorrow for the announcement of, and the complete schedule for, all the first round match-ups. And no, they won't be in line with what you see here as this is in no particular order.