Everybody who comes to Cageside Seats has an opinion about what's going on in pro wrestling - The Smark's Shoot Standings (S3) are where YOU let us know YOURS.
Cast a vote in the comments. Give us the four performers you think entertained or impressed the most in the last week, and feel free to talk about why. And/or vote for your top performer in our poll.
We also have the outcome of last week's voting, the results of which make up our annual competition for Performer of the Year.
Remember, the Standings are for the previous week's nationally televised and internet streaming pro wrestling shows - the May 12th episode of WWE Monday Night Raw, Tuesday night's Main Event, the Thursday, May 15th editions of TNA Impact, WWE NXT and ROH TV, the WWE SmackDown that aired on May 16th and Ring of Honor's War of the Worlds internet pay-per-view (iPPV).
Make YOUR mark, smarks!
Just listening to co-workers talk about doing CrossFit makes me tired.
This S.O.B. does it as a warm-up before stealing every show.
- The Architect builds his way to a convincing weekly win, largely by being insane. His boy Ambrose only acts insane (we think), but he and the Big Dog also make appearances farther down the list following their impressive win over Evolution and subsequent week being prominent on WWE television.
- The new Intercontinental and United States champs made an impression, even if The Celtic U.S Champ Warrior finished behind the man he beat for the red, white and blue strap.
- Not everyone hates the minis action. In fact, the strong showing of Magneto/Sandow last week and the little bull means S3 voters like their comedy wrestling (don't tell Jim Cornette).
- In his usual role as token TNA representative, Mr. Robert Roode. Representing NXT this week, the debuting lucador, Kalisto.
- Pay-per-view (PPV) wins earn The Swiss Superman and The Anti-Diva spots on the list. And whether it's do to more shows being eligible, a tweaked scoring system or an increase in Smarks voting, earning a spot on the list is no small accomplishment this year.
The S3: 2014-15, Week 5
1. Seth Rollins
2. Bad News Barrett
3. Dean Ambrose
5. El Torito
6. Bobby Roode
9. Roman Reigns
Points in our weekly Standings determine our annual list - full details on rules and scoring HERE.
The Clown Prince loses his title and climbs to the top of the year-long list in the same week. Lots of jockeying for position throught the yearly Standings, as this season is shaping up to be pretty competitive without an injured Daniel Bryan and no CM Punk.
The S3 Performer of the Year - through the Week Ending May 10
1. Dean Ambrose - 34 points
2. Paul Heyman - 28
3. Paige - 26
4. Cesaro - 24
5. (tie) Roman Reigns - 21
5. (tie) Bad News Barrett - 21
7. Bobby Roode - 21
8. Seth Rollins -20
9. Bray Wyatt - 15
10. (tie) Damien Sandow - 10
10. (tie) Eric Young - 10
Sink your teeth into cSs' coverage of Raw, Main Event, NXT, Smackdown, and Impact to help you make your choices this week. Ring of Honor (ROH)'s first big streaming show didn't really help them break into the Standings, but it is improving our coverage of the third leg of US pro wrestling, so check their section (here), too.