For many fans, reading about rumors -- and trawling the sites that traffic in them -- has become as popular as watching the matches themselves. In this daily column, we take a look at the biggest rumors and weirdest stories being churned out by those pro wrestling "news" sites.
Important reminders: Rumors are "rumors" and not "news" for a reason, folks. That which has not been confirmed as legitimate news or fact will be made clear.
Rumors of the Day:
- According to statements made by Shawn Michaels on the most recent Ross Report (which can be heard here) while there are absolutely no plans for him to come back to face Daniel Bryan, it was HBK's idea to have Bryan put him in the "YES!" Lock the after he cost him the title at the Hell in a Cell PPV.
- The morale backstage right now in light of Daniel Bryan's situation is reportedly very positive, with the overriding feeling being that he'll be back relatively quickly.
- With his injury apparently causing a split in the time-space continuum, Daniel Bryan's replacement against Kane on the European tour will be the Big Show in a series of Last Man Standing matches. This will, of course, finally bring together the only two parts of Daniel Bryan's last year that nobody cared about.
- BO-Liever News Update: While his return has been pushed back a week in order to make sure it gets a proper spotlight, Bo Dallas is working with Adrian Neville during live events on the European tour. What this means for Neville is unclear, but he has repeatedly gone over Dallas, so they are, at the very least, going out of their way to make NXT look strong in Europe (along with the obvious homecooking to make the crowds happy.)
- Global Force Wrestling has announced a talent search in Windsor, Ontario, Canada, with Jeff Jarrett touting his tag title reign with Owen Hart and the success of Petey Williams to prove that "he knows well the great tradition of pro wrestling in Canada and the number of top stars the country has produced". The seminar/search will be run by a pro wrestling trainer and friend of Jarrett's, Scott D'Amore, who is probably best known for being Coach D'Amore for Team Canada (he's wearing the jacket) and for being repeatedly referred to as "a big fat load" by Mike Tenay.
- Drew McIntyre has switched tours, moving from the tour that began in Glasgow to the one that will be beginning in Rome. Whether or not it was for fear of him being cheered vociferously in his home country of Scotland remains unclear.
- According to F4W, it appears that the Shield-Evolution match may be a six-man elimination match.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them for as such.