For many fans, reading about rumors -- and trawling the sites that traffic in them -- has become as popular as watching the matches themselves. In this daily column, we take a look at the biggest rumors and weirdest stories being churned out by those pro wrestling "news" sites.
Important reminders: Rumors are "rumors" and not "news" for a reason, folks. That which has not been confirmed as legitimate news or fact will be made clear.
Rumors of the Day:
- It's looking more and more like The Rock will be the headliner of the 2015 WWE Hall of Fame class, and that he may be joined by Mickie James and Rikishi.
- Based on a WWE Fan Council survey today asking some of people who bought the WrestleMania XXX PPV, as opposed to the buying the WWE Network for less money, the WWE asked who of the following people would they be most interested in seeing: AJ Lee, John Cena, Brock Lesnar, Cesaro, Roman Reigns, Batista. They also asked why people would spend more money for the show. And one of the options was "because it's too complicated", so it seems like they may be nervous about people being unable to set up a device to watch, which means we may see more Bellas-as-flight-attendants type PSAs on how to access the network.
- Game Informer is reporting that WWE2K15 is scheduled by Take-Two for "Fiscal 2015", which means as late as March 31. With rumors regarding a possible "WCW Mode" it might match up with rumors that WWE would like to bring in Goldberg as this year's featured Superstar and as an integral part of WrestleMania 31, which would be happening around the same time.
- Bad news for true BO-lievers: Bo Dallas's return to WWE's main roster has been pushed back. We'll now have to wait until May 23 to make the IMPOSSIBLE I'M POSSIBLE.
- "Das Wunderkind" Alex Wright was recently at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando. He was there as a guest trainer to the talents. Whether it was to teach them how to dance or wrestle is unclear, but considering he runs a successful wrestling in Germany, it's almost definitely the latter.
- Proving once again how all over the place rumors -- and specifically rumors about Sheamus -- can be, now it's Sheamus and Cesaro who will be fightin' round Europe for the US Title, with the blowoff at Payback.
- The United Talent Agency is shopping TNA around to other networks instead of signing with Spike. Who that could possibly be remains unclear.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them for as such.