Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact; so remember to take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Even though he's only been back for two days, people are already talking about when RVD will be leaving again. And it appears that will be after SummerSlam, at which point Van Dam will go on another hiatus, continuing the circle of life (for a part-time WWE performer.)
- Less is known about the return of everyone's favorite wrestling lawyer. David Otunga failed to appear on Raw after making his way into the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal on Sunday, and it's unclear whether or not it was a one shot deal or a full-blown return for the WWE's best wrestling statue. But don't worry: we'll get through this, together.
- Whether or not it's prudent, word around the WWE watercooler is that the company is looking into raising the price of the network as soon as the end of the year as they add more and more content. Before anyone freaks out, it looks like it will be a matter of a dollar or two per month, adding at most 12 dollars to the overall price based on a six-month subscription cycle. There's no word, however, on whether or not that subscription cycle will be a requirement if/when the prices are raised.
- If you loved A Christmas Bounty, then boy howdy do we have good news for you! It looks like Mike "The Miz" Mizanin is slated to star in a remake of the French film "Queen of the Ring" for WWE Films. While there's no telling which part he'll play, given that the story involves a mother becoming a WWE Diva to get closer to her wrestling fan son, probably some sort of charming love interest for the main character.
- Dixie Carter announced on Twitter that she'll be returning to Impact Wrestling this Thursday, saying: "This Thursday on #Impact, a TNA talent will feel the #WrathOfDixie and we will also unveil exciting news that will heat up the summer." Hopefully for TNA, that news is "we now have a place to film our television show."
- The official website of Jeff Jarrett's Global Force Wrestling is teasing another announcement for next Monday. Who or what will be involved is unknown right now. But, thankfully, which hashtag (#JoinTheForce) to use to talk about it on Twitter isn't.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember, these are merely rumors. Try not to take them too seriously, just have fun with them.