What you loved:
- Heel - One of the best heels ever in the business. If you didn't hate him back in the day or in his current state, you might not be human. Easy #1 choice here.
- NXT - He has put a lot of effort into making sure their developmental league is set up properly. Having a performance center, bringing in great trainers, and putting on a live show are sure to impact WWE's future in a great way.
- Worker - There's no denying that he's awesome in the ring; he has put his body through hell to entertain the fans. I mean he tore his quad, and let Chris Jericho put him in the Walls of Jericho. Not many people would have done that.
- DX Run - Talking about the first run here, at the time, some of the best stuff on TV. A truly entertaining stable that remains one of the best ever.
- Entrance - Motorhead.
Top comment goes to N.P.C.C:
"Love: He is probably my favorite heel of all time. I hated that son of a bitch back in my mark days and he can still legit get to me sometimes even now...probably do to childhood memories."
What you loathed:
- Promos - Master of the long promo. That's not to say they are all bad, but damn, man, let someone else get on my TV.
- Ego - I believe the only other time this has come up is with Hulk Hogan...so, yeah.
- Burial - If you look at his win/loss record, he's loses nearly as much as he's won. The thing is it's more than just wins and losses. It's about what he says in his promos, and how wrestlers look after their feud with him. A lot of you mentioned politics and I will just put it here. Allegedly, Triple H has had power in the back, and if he doesn't want a guy at the top, they probably won't be.
- DX Run - This is mainly for their most recent run. It was really forced, not funny, and looked like they were just blatantly pushing merchandise. Sometimes memories should stay memories.
- Quad Tear - He lost a step in the ring after this injury. It happens to tons of wrestlers, and sucks we couldn't get more elite years out of him in the ring.
I just have to mention that I saw a few people loathe that Triple H tried to put Curtis Axel over as a credible threat. Oh, Curtis Axel...
Had a really tough time picking the top comment, so I'll go with this appropriate comment by Hifismark:
"Trips is one of the more complex people to analyze in the last 30 years of the wrestling biz and he’s very much a mixed bag"
Lets check the poll! With 339 votes, Triple H's average score is 3.9. Ouch. This is why I say the comments are always more important. People who voiced their opinions overall were pretty positive, and for a guy who is near the summit of the all-time greats, that score should be higher.
Thanks, Cagesiders! Tomorrow's pick should be obvious.