What you loved:
- In-Ring - Fantastic skills in the ring, with a solid moveset (best moonsault ever!). Has put on plenty of quality matches, including a 5-star encounter against Samoa Joe and AJ Styles.
- Bad Influence - Teamed up with Frankie Kazarian this entertaining duo will be missed with Daniels recent release from TNA. Couple of you mentioned this funny promo.
- Promo - He's always been solid on the mic, whether heel or face, serious or funny.
- Heel - Many of you, myself included, prefer his heel work. He's just always had a knack for being the bad guy.
- ROH Run - One of the early members of Ring of Honor, his "fallen angel" gimmick was very over during that time. Personally he was my favorite during ROH's early years.
My favorite comment goes to DFreshMMA:
"Dude is money inside the squared circle (or the six-sided ring). And his selling is supreme."
What you loathed:
- Never World Champ - In neither ROH or TNA he was given the ball to lead the company. It's unfortunate, especially in TNA, that he wasn't given a title run.
- Never in WWE - At 43, his time has most likely passed for getting there. He didn't seem to mind leaving TNA, so hopefully we see him pop up in Ring of Honor again, sometime soon.
- Physique - Going by what WWE traditionally likes, it's something that probably held him back from moving up.
- Side Gimmicks - Instead of building up Christopher Daniels to main-event status, they had him do these other lesser gimmicks; Curry Man and Suicide. I personally love Curry Man, but it's not exactly a gimmick that would be a main event draw.
My favorite comment come via DarthRevan:
"Never got that world title run with TNA. He’s leaving TNA which means I won’t be able to see him on TV any more. He’ll never get to the big leagues due to stuff largely outside of his control."
Onto the poll. With 107 votes, Christopher Daniels' average score is 4.1
Thanks, Cagesiders! Tomorrow is my birthday, the big 3-0. So I will be taking off from my usual duties at cSs to celebrate. On Friday, we will be checking out our second wrestling move.