What you loved:
- Dedication - I would have loved to have seen his reaction when he was first told he'd be a dancing wrestler. Well, Fandango made it work!
- In-Ring - Solid skills in the ring, good ring psychology (dance taunts). Had a great match with Chris Jericho at WrestleMania.
- "Fandangoing" - If you say you haven't done it, you're a liar! I've done it multiple times just today, actually.
- Comedic Timing - He's solid on the mic, and many of you felt he's one of the funnier talents WWE currently employs.
- Summer Rae - She's been great teaming up with Fandango. I'll be honest, I didn't notice her talent until Layla came along. I enjoy Layla, don't get me wrong, but just looking at ballroom dancing skills, Summer Rae is way better. I should know...2010 Northeast Region Ballroom Champion.
My favorite comment comes from Brigade17:
"I love damn near everything about Fandango. I love is stupid gimmick. I love is stupid hair. I love that shit eating grin that he gets when he’s trolling the hell out of people. Most importantly, I love how well he can handle a mic. He’s willing to take big bumps (The Shield's triple power bomb through the table) and dish them out (DAT SUNSET FLIP OFF THE LADDER!)."
What you loathed:
- Stale - Character growth has been a real problem for Fandango, he's had basically, well, none. Storylines have been few and far between as well. I mean Chris Jericho put him over at WrestleMania and that's been his big highlight so far.
- Ceiling - You felt that he's only going to go so far with his sometimes funny ballroom dancer gimmick. Intercontinental champ is a possibility, but he will never sniff the main-event the way things are going.
- Thanks, WWE... - For killing "fandangoing." It was a beautiful organic chant/dance that came out of nowhere, and WWE just ran it right into the ground. Dumb video packages, Jerry Lawler, and even Triple H/Steph doing it sarcastically has just plain buried it.
- Gimmick - Some of you really do not like dancing mixed with wrestling. No dancing!
- Summer's Gone - Summer’s gone, Summer’s gone away. Gone away, with yesterday...
My favorite comment comes via BrassCitySaint:
"I hate this character with every fiber in my body. Worse than Santino. And considering Santino ruined Emma, that says a lot. This gimmick belongs in the mid-90s with Duke "The Dumpster" Droese and Repo Man. What I hate the most is how often Fandango willingly takes a count-out loss. I just want to scream, "You’re a freakin’ wrestler! You’re supposed to want to win!" The only time that kind of tactic is OK in my mind is if the individual is a chickenshit heel with a strap. Not only that, but I hate that he’s more concerned with dancing than winning. Even the Repo Man would wait until after the match to steal stuff."
On to the poll! With 247 votes, Fandango's average score is 3.3
Thanks, Cagesiders! Tomorrow's pick is still kickin'.
Until then!...I was never a ball room dancer.