What you loved:
- WrestleMania XX - An amazing moment with Chris Benoit to end the biggest show of the year.
- Heel - You guys felt he was incredible at being a heel. He would still get cheered for doing "bad guy" antics. This move is still one of the funniest things I've seen in a match.
- In-Ring - He was a high flyer who had excellent mat skills. One of the highlights in WCW's Cruiser-Weight Division.
- Gimmick - He made lying, cheating, and stealing so enjoyable.
- Mic - Great on the mic, more particularly later on in his career with the WWE. Some of you mentioned his "addict" promo as one of the best ever.
Best comment goes to Luis David Long Beach:
"Eddie Guerrero was my icon in the WWF, WCW, WWE, and NJPW. He knew what was needed in order to make the match interesting. Whether it was reaching into his Yokozuna sized bag of tricks or putting on a technical school clinic; Eddie knew what to do in almost all his matches. Yes he has had some botches and horrible matches, but overall it is like finding a W in a bag full of M&M’s."
What you loathed:
- Substance Issues - Drugs ruin everything, don't do drugs.
- Died Young - His early passing came partly from his drug use. Only 38 years old. If this is a plus side to this story, the WWE instituted their Wellness Policy a few months after.
- Feud with Rey - The whole "I'm your daddy" storyline with Rey's son. It was a bit over-the-top and too weird for a lot of you.
- WWE's Exploitation - After Eddie died, WWE still used his name in stories. A tribute is great, but it just seemed like they used him too often in the product when he wasn't around.
- WCW Run - This had nothing to do with Eddie, he just should have been on TV more.
Best comment goes to babyfacehulse:
"The fact that it was only custody papers, and not Rey’s actual son that needed to be retrieved to win the ladder match."
On to the poll! With 255 votes, Eddie Guerrero's average score is 4.5
Thanks, Cagesiders! Tomorrow's pick is a king.