What you loved:
- Technician - He's a wizard in the ring, he's got an old school way of fighting, but keeps it modern enough to still entertain. I would bet he knows every move in the book and then some!
- Commentary - Most of you are fans of his abilities behind the booth, it seems like a fitting place for Mr. Regal. His wrestling knowledge is expansive and he adds a lot of depth to the product.
- Goldberg Match - It's pretty sloppy, Goldberg had no idea what was going on for most of the match. It's funny looking back at it now, Regal has said he misunderstood what "make Goldberg look good" meant.
- A Pro-Wrestler's Pro-Wrestler - This is a good one, we haven't seen this come up too often. He's had a career of trying to make other guys look good, and the young guys seem to latch onto him for his knowledge about the business.
- Humor - Not when he's the butt of the joke, but he has great facial expressions, and is a fantastic dancer. (Skip to 3:30 mark)
Favorite comment goes to BrassCitySaint - "Love: He’s one of the few "names" who truly pays it forward when it comes to the next generation of wrestlers. Regal has been labeled a teacher and mentor by countless young wrestlers, more so than any other name I’ve ever heard. It goes beyond just formal training and coaching; Regal seems to go out of his way to help up-and-comers by offering them advice and insights on how to improve their game. He was doing this even as an active competitor. From training Daniel Bryan to giving the rub to Dean Ambrose in NXT to advising a young "Stunning" Steve Austin in WCW, Regal has emerged as pro wrestling’s preeminent big brother figure. It’s almost as if he cares more about aiding the careers of others than he does about bettering his own livelihood. That makes him unique in my book."
What you loathed:
- Personal Issues - They affected his career a bit, but Regal has owned up to them, and sounds like he has gotten over them in recent years.
- Stupid Storylines - He made the best out of what he was given, but kissing ass and drinking "urine" is pretty tough to work with.
- No Main-Events - He just never quite got to the top for one reason or another. His booking was never strong enough for a long period of time to reach this spot.
- Physique - Not exactly a gym rat, he's got more of the "everyday man" look, also may have held him back a bit.
Favorite comment goes to Matthew Roth - "Loathe: I see people say "he could have been a world champ" and I just don’t see it. He was great as a worker but he just didn’t have 'it.' He reached the exact level he was supposed to reach, in my opinion."
Finally, the poll! With 188 votes, Mr. Regal's average score is 4.1.
Appreciate the comments! Tomorrow's pick is so smiley.