Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Daniel Bryan's surprise return has led to speculation that plans have changed for the Royal Rumble and, obviously, WrestleMania. This could have something to do with those rumors from yesterday.
- If Undertaker cannot wrestle a match at WrestleMania 31, he may very well be inducted into the Hall of Fame, which would require his appearing at the event either way. That explains advertisements for him that have leaked.
- Speaking of the Hall of Fame, there's still some doubt about Macho Man Randy Savage. There's been plenty of speculation regarding how WWE will handle his induction, whenever it happens, and if he's the headliner or just underneath the headliner. A name like Undertaker would be strong enough to put over Savage, but not many others, so he could still go in next year.
- Christian, apparently, is retired. During Raw this past Monday, Jerry Lawler referred to him as such and according to PW Insider his injury history led WWE to pull him from active wrestling and his career, at least from that stand point, is over. PW Insider also noted, however, that he has "about a year" left on his deal.
- It is believed that the deal Kurt Angle signed with TNA is for limited dates and that once he's done with it and officially retired from wrestling, that's when he'll go to WWE for the Hall of Fame induction and Legend's contract.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.