Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to Figure Four Daily, WWE may have shuffled the card for WrestleMania 31 and some of the big matches planned -- like Sting vs. Triple H -- could have been changed. For whatever it's worth, Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns is still planned.
- WWE is apparently planning a big angle leading to Royal Rumble for next week's episode of Monday Night Raw to kick off the new year. Considering all that happened last night, it's hard to imagine what that would be. Randy Orton is expected back at any time (he appeared in the dark segment after Raw last night) and Sting is still out there looming large.
- Although folks within WWE are of the belief that he will return to MMA, either with UFC or Bellator, the company is trying to open up talks with Brock Lesnar in the hopes of re-signing him to a new deal.
- Bryan Alvarez noted recently that Adrian Neville's "Mighty Mouse" gimmick would not involve a costume but the idea is more in line with someone like Crash Holly. The "Mighty Mouse" idea is just to say that he's small but strong and doesn't ever quit going. Either way, apparently he won't be called up anytime soon as ideas have been thrown around like a Neville vs. Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn triple threat match.
- Curtis Axel is expected to spend significant time down in NXT and he will likely have a relatively big role there.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.