Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Triple H apparently attempted to defend Vince McMahon's comments on Steve Austin's podcast earlier this month in a speech to the entire locker room to combat low morale but the Observer notes that plan backfired and "whatever he said lost him a lot of credibility, particularly with those who have been there for some time".
- Alberto Del Rio/Patron is likely going to return to MMA at some point, according to the Observer, and he'll sign with whomever offers the most money between the two promotions currently bidding for his services.
- While DirecTV may have stopped carrying WWE pay-per-views after the advent of the WWE Network, WrestleMania 31 might be offered if only because WrestleMania 30 did so well despite the Network earlier this year.
- WWE may be announcing a pay-per-view in Cincinnati at the house show this weekend for sometime in 2015.
- According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, New Japan World has 10,000 subscribers after three weeks of availability.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.