Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Nothing has changed as far as Roman Reigns winning the Royal Rumble and going on to win the WWE world heavyweight championship at WrestleMania 31 but, according to the Observer, many within the industry are skeptical that he's ready for that big push.
- TNA once again made a BIG play for the former Alberto Del Rio recently, according to the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter. The rumored offer is $400,000 for one year. That's insane if true.
- The word going around is WWE will officially announce WrestleMania 32 at AT&T Stadium (formerly known as Cowboys Stadium) in Arlington, Texas on Jan. 19, 2015, when Monday Night Raw is in Dallas.
- Corey Graves announcing his retirement at NXT Takeover: R Evolution the way he did was apparently a direct shot at CM Punk. So that pettiness exists even in developmental it seems.
- Here's an interesting little tidbit: Dave Meltzer revealed his name was considered for commentary alongside Jim Ross for Wrestle Kingdom 9 next year at the Tokyo Dome. Other names he said were in the running but didn't make the cut: Mauro Ranal, Kevin Nash, John Pollock, and Chael Sonnen.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.