Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Undertaker is currently scheduled to work WrestleMania, as has been rumored, but his opponent may not be Sting after all. According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, "the booking plan right now is for Undertaker vs. Wyatt, not Sting or Lesnar." That sounds interesting.
- Speaking of Wyatt, there's some word going around that there is concern he may have suffered a concussion on Raw this past week when Dean Ambrose threw a chair in the ring and hit him in the head.
- There is apparently a feeling within WWE that pushing Roman Reigns to win the WWE world heavyweight championship from Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 31 is the right call and that was enforced by his winning the "Superstar of the Year" Slammy Award despite not being on television for months now. The fan voting, as indicated previously, was legitimate and Reigns beat out both John Cena and Dean Ambrose.
- AJ Lee's acceptance speech on Raw this past week has led to speculation that while she's not leaving WWE anytime soon, she'll likely be gone by 2016.
- According to the Observer, Adam Cole was supposed to win the ROH title from Jay Briscoe at Final Battle but they changed their mind because he may need shoulder surgery.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.