Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Sting's debut at Survivor Series last night was, apparently, a last minute decision. He had no idea for most of the week that WWE would finally make the call to bring him in for the show.
- In addition, although this is obvious from the booking last night, it looks like Sting will work a match with Triple H. There are also rumors that he will work with Undertaker at WrestleMania 31, according to reports from PW Insider.
- Here's a rumor that appears to have originated with Twitter user FrontRowBrian, who first broke news of CM Punk walking out with Chael Sonnen at a UFC show (that was later nixed by WWE): UFC was going to announce a deal with CM Punk at a recent press conference but couldn't get it done in time. Details, apparently, are scarce. There are additional rumors that Bellator could make a play for Punk's services as well, and there may be a bit of a bidding war coming.
- Because next year's Royal Rumble event is taking place in Philadelphia, WWE is appparently considering bringing in a couple original ECW names as surprise entrants in the Rumble match.
- The long delay in getting the Xavier Woods/Kofi Kingston/Big E faction up and running was apparently due to concerns over both the Fergueson situation and the controversy surrounding Alberto Del Rio's firing, according to Wrestling Inc.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.