Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- There is a belief among some that Bellator could make a play for Brock Lesnar when his contract with WWE comes up next April, assuming he doesn't re-sign before then. It's certainly not a given that he'll re-sign with WWE but it is the expected move he'll make.
- It's looking like 2015 could be the year WWE finally inducts Macho Man Randy Savage into the Hall of Fame.
- WrestleMania 31 tickets apparently sold very well when they were made available but they did not sell out the allotment, according to the Observer.
- Chris Jericho is now listed for some house show dates in January, but it is not expected he will be working the run up to WrestleMania nor the event itself.
- The Observer is reporting that sources at Destination America believe they have a TV deal with TNA in place and the announcement will be coming soon. As far as all that talk of ongoing negotiations with Spike TV, apparently it was all talk and the plan all along was to get out of the pro wrestling business. They were simply being a good partner on the way out with how they've treated the situation.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.