Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Brock Lesnar is not currently scheduled to work another WWE show for the rest of the year and it's entirely possible we won't see him again until 2015. Part of the reason for this is WWE is now booking its product differently with the advent of the WWE Network making it less of a burden to put together really strong main events for each pay-per-view fans would have been asked to shell out nearly $60 for.
- Speaking of the WWE Network, the latest word is that payouts for the pay-per-view events haven't been good and while the top names are largely protected from it, many of the lower end wrestlers are getting screwed big time.
- It's being said that WWE apologizing on its website about Big Show ripping down the Russian flag on Raw was a work and it will become an angle on television soon enough.
- Kevin Steen will not be keeping his name and it's expected that his new moniker will be revealed soon and his debut will come not long after.
- The word going around, via PW Insider, is that Nick Dinsmore's release as a trainer from NXT may have been politically charged and a lot of folks aren't very happy about it.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.