Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to PW Insider, CM Punk is not returning to WWE and he won't be returning to pro wrestling anytime soon, as had been rumored elsewhere. The reason the two sides needed to come to an agreement on merchandise is because Punk owns the rights to his name. The Observer noted it's likely legal teams on both sides reached an agreement so they can both make money, but no Punk return is imminent and nothing has changed on that end.
- Roman Reigns is expected to make his return in late December or early January, according to PW Insider.
- Despite various reports and rumors stating the Royal Rumble next year will feature 40 wrestlers, it will be the traditional 30.
- It's being said that Undertaker's new role as an advisor in NXT isn't so much an official position within the company but rather WWE asking him to head down and offer advice whenever he's available to do so. Essentially, he'll be helping developmental talents understand expectations when they move to the main roster.
- Regarding the TNA TV deal, the continued word is that while a deal hasn't been made just yet they're very close to making one. It could still fall apart, obviously, but the thought is it will be done soon.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.