Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- A fun rumor to pass along: When creative gives Randy Orton something he doesn't like he tells them "no" by saying something to the effect of "go ask Triple H", which everyone understands is simply is way of saying he doesn't like something.
- Variety reported recently that John Cena has signed on to produce his own reality TV series. WWE is not involved but does have the option to participate. There's some word that Cena is starting to set up outside ventures for the inevitable time he slows down his in-ring work with WWE.
- There's apparently been some talk of possibly doing a Team Nikki vs. Team Brie Bella traditional 5-on-5 elimination tag match at Survivor Series, according to the Observer.
- There were rumors that Eric Bischoff was suing TNA but according to the Observer, that's not the case. However, there may be a contractual issue between the two parties.
- The clock is running out on TNA and there's been some talk that the company won't sign a new television deal and will simply disappear as a promotion. The company has no shows scheduled and talent are taking independent dates. There have been a lot of promises for weeks and weeks but they've all been empty so far.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.