What you love:
- Out of Nowhere - One of the best finishers to catch everyone by surprise. Thanks to Vine, Orton hitting the RKO on, well, everyone has gone viral. Ziggler was a recent victim of this.
- Evan Bourne - One of, if not the, best surprise RKO ever
- Top Finisher - Many of you tagged it as your favorite modern day finisher.
- Quick - So many moves have long setups, this one can be done literally in the blink of an eye.
- Setup - Many of you enjoy the taunts before the move: Orton's slithering, mat pounding or DDP's famous taunt.
Best comment comes via Mattrago98:
"This is a finisher that is absolutely unforeseeable from a viewer’s perspective. It can be performed after a methodical, suspenseful build-up accompanied with taunts, as a quick counter attack from either a high-flying or ground-based attack, or as a last resort. Nevertheless, it always looks fluid and devastating. Also, it can be easily countered, adding to the suspense and unpredictability of the match that’s taking place."
What you loathed:
- Easy Reverse - Pulling off the backstabber, or simply pushing Orton away makes for an easy get-away.
- Cena - He shrugs off an RKO like it's Nikki wanting to talk marriage.
- Obvious Setup - Sometimes the setup is obvious, most recently with Jericho at Night of Champions. To make it worse, announcers will still say "out of nowhere!" when it clearly wasn't.
- DDP/Orton Debate - No need to split hairs, both versions are money.
- Seller - Timing must be perfect, or else it looks like this.
Best comments come via BaconStrips:
"That Randy hasn’t countered a Red Arrow into the RKO yet."
On to the poll! With 584 votes, RKO's average score is 4.4
Thanks, Cagesiders! Tomorrow's pick knows something about Darwin.