Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- It's now being said that next week's episode of Monday Night Raw will see the main event direction for Hell in a Cell become official. Of course, that same thing was going around before this week's show, so take that as you will. The plan, it seems, is still for John Cena vs. Dean Ambrose to have a match to start the show leading to two Hell in a Cell matches: The winner gets Seth Rollins, the loser gets Randy Orton.
- The break up of The Wyatt Family has apparently been planned for over a month now, or at least there were discussions of doing it and how to go about it. It's also been said that part of the reason for it is that Vince McMahon doesn't get the group, and there could be a repackaging of some sort, though it doesn't look like it just yet based on the vignettes they ran for Luke Harper.
- Rusev vs. Sheamus could be in the cards after Rusev finishes up his program with Show, which could come sooner rather than later with Henry turning on Show and those two splitting off into a program. Rusev would likely win the U.S. title and make it part of the angle that the Russians are better at being U.S. champions than anyone else.
- WWE is apparently unhappy with Kevin Marshall, a former member of the creative team, revealing the inner workings of the company in recent interviews. Our very own Keith Harris covered much of what he's had to say here, and WWE is said to be considering legal action on the basis of the confidentiality agreement Marshall signed when he started working there.
- There is a lot of unhappiness within TNA and many of the contracted talent are attempting to get independent dates set up to help offset the uncertainty surrounding the lack of any meaningful update on the status of a new television deal. Many aren't even booked into the new year. Sadly, there doesn't appear to be much interest from any of the major independent promotions.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.