Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to PW Insider, Triple H was the one who made the call to offer Kurt Angle a full time deal with WWE. It appears the company is not interested in Angle working a part-time schedule and because TNA will offer as much, it's expected he will stay put.
- Regarding Justin Roberts, the Observer reported that his contract came up and the two sides were unable to come to terms on a new deal. No word on if that's all there was to his departure, but that's all that's currently known. PW Insider reported he was informed by Kevin Dunn after the show that it was his last night with the company and Lilian Garcia will likely take his spot on Raw while Eden will work SmackDown.
- There were a lot of rumors flying around last night that Roberts got into an altercation with Michael Cole during Monday Night Raw and apparently even flipped him off at one point.
- The Randy Orton RKO to Dolph Ziggler was apparently inspired by the RKO Vines that have gone viral over the past few days. Be on the lookout for WWE to attempt to make this into a thing on TV.
- Both Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair are now scheduled to be at Raw next week but it's unclear if either will actually be used on television. Flair, Jake Roberts, and DDP were all at Raw this week -- and Flair may have recorded some material for later use while there -- but none were ultimately used outside on TV.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.