Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Despite the confrontation on Raw and Lana and Rusev making mention of it on SmackDown, it's not expected that The Rock and Rusev will have a match.
- The reason Paul Heyman has been kept off WWE television so much is apparently because WWE doesn't want to draw too much attention to the fact that Brock Lesnar, the WWE world heavyweight champion, is out and not expected back until 2015, though that could change.
- The word going around is that SmackDown will debut on Thursday night on Jan. 15, 2015.
- It doesn't appear there is any end in sight for Rey Mysterio's issues with WWE. He wants out of his contract and the company doesn't want to let him go just yet. It's also been said that the company is unhappy with pictures of Mysterio at Lucha Underground circulating but there still aren't any plans to resolve the matter.
- It was noted by PW Insider recently that Noelle Foley, Mick Foley's daughter who has quite the following on Twitter, is now training to become a pro wrestler.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.